Veteran Admissions

Rio Grande proudly accepts Military Education Benefits for Veterans, Reservists, National Guardsmen, Spouses, and Dependent of Veterans.  Rio is eligible to receive several different types of military education benefits, including but not limited to the Post 9/11 GI Bill, Veterans Readiness & Employment, Fry Scholarship, Ohio National Guard Scholarship Program, Dependents’ Educational Assistance, Ohio War Orphans & Several Disabled Veterans’ Children Scholarship and the Selective Reservist & Active Reservist Benefits.  


Veterans/Reservists enrolling at University of Rio Grande / Rio Grande Community College and planning to apply for Veterans Administration educational benefits must submit a copy of his/her DD214 Form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from active duty, or DD2384, Certificate of Eligibility, and any kicker contracts to the Veterans School Certifying Official located in Florence Evans Hall.  All veterans/reservists are required to complete the necessary Veterans administration forms to obtain educational benefits and must complete an Intent of Enrollment at the beginning of each semester. Veterans must be enrolled in a degree program in order to receive benefits. Students who have a parent or spouse who is 100% disabled, deceased, or a P.O.W. from a service- connected incident may also be eligible for educational benefits.

To check eligibility and obtain related information, students may contact the Veterans Affairs Regional Office by calling the toll-free number (1-888-442-4551) or search the GI Bill web site.

Veterans Enrollment

Rio is proud to assist our nation's veterans and active duty military. Apply for your GI Bill and other VA education benefits as a Veteran, service member, or qualified family member.