Psychology is involved in nearly everything we do. A degree for today's workforce, preparation for graduate school, or an opportunity to enhance a second degree.
Psychology is the scientific study of behavior and cognition. Psychology provides you with a broad understanding of behavior and mental processes as well as with skills needed to design, analyze, and interpret research. Knowledge gained through psychology is useful in a variety of areas such as business or the service sector. You will also have a foundation for further study of psychology at the graduate level. The associate degree program is intended to prepare students for further study of psychology at the undergraduate level. The minor program is intended to familiarize students with a range of topics and skills in psychology.
- Achieve greater awareness of human development and multicultural influences on development
- Understand and discuss at an appropriate level of depth the primary theoretical perspectives in psychology
- Achieve greater awareness of the causes, development, and treatment of abnormal behavior
- Understand, discuss, and use scientific terms and concepts common in psychology research
- Achieve the ability to critically read and evaluate psychological research studies