When an institution is accredited, it ensures you are receiving a quality education that meets high compliance standards. HLC accreditation also makes Rio eligible for Federal student aid.
The University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC), an independent corporation founded in 1895. It is one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States. HLC accredits degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in the United States.
URG/RGCC was awarded accreditation in 1969 and reaffirmed in 2017-2018.
The Ohio Department of Higher Education approves all of Rio Grande’s programs and authorizes it to offer Associate, Bachelors, and Masters degrees.
Individual programs are accredited/approved by the following:
- The Emerson E. Evans School of Business at the University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. For a list of accredited programs please refer to our IACBE member status page
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Rd NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000.
- Ohio Board of Nursing, 17 South High Street, Suite 400, Columbus, OH 43215-7410, (614) 466-3947.
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), 1701 Duke Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703) 683-8080.
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 1361 Park Street Clearwater, FL 33756, (727) 210-2350.
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), 2010 Massachusetts Ave NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 223-0077.
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT), 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182, (312) 704-5300.
- Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CARC), 1248 Harwood Road, Bedford, TX 76021-4244, (817) 283-2835.
The University of Rio Grande is a member of the Association of Independent Colleges & Universities of Ohio and The Council of Independent Colleges. Rio Grande Community College is a member of the Ohio Association of Community Colleges.