The Business Office is committed to providing timely and consistent accounting services to Rio Grande students, faculty and staff.
When you register for classes, please check your student space account within 48 hours to assure accuracy. All account balances are due the week prior to the start of the semester. For any unpaid balance there is a late fee assessed each month. It is your responsibility to check your account. If there are any questions or concerns please contact the Business Office. Our hours of operation are Mon-Fri, 8 am – 5 pm. We will however be open extended hours during the first week of class to accommodate students who still need to pay outstanding balances.
You will need to check your student space account weekly for any updates or changes. Do not wait on a paper bill to pay your account. If you cannot pay in full we have a payment plan available for the current semester. Any unpaid balances at the end of each semester will be subject to collections.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition rates, general fees, and course fees for the current school year can be found via the links below.
Summer Semester Starts
June 3, 2019
Important Notice Concerning Tax Forms!
The tuition tax form 1098T will be mailed by January 31. ECSI prepares these forms and mails them to the permanent address on file. If you would like to view your tuition information online, you can contact ECSI 1-866-428-1098 to get your login information. Or you can visit the ECSI website at https://heartland.ecsi.net/index.main.html#/access/lookup and follow these steps:
- Enter University of Rio Grande in the search bar.
- Enter your Name, Social Security Number, and Zip Code in order to locate your tax forms
Tips for managing your Student Account
- The student is responsible for all balances by initial due date! Initial due date for student accounts is
typically a week before each semester begins. You can pay your account online through your student
space account, over-the-phone with a credit/debit card or Tele Check, check by mail, or in person at the
Reardon One Stop in Florence Evans Hall. If you are unable to pay your account in full by the initial due
date, we encourage students to sign up for the Student Installment Payment Plan each semester. You
may access the form through the Rio web site: www.rio.edu » current students tab » business office
» resources » SIPP Application Promissory Note AND Student Installment Payment Plan. Please
contact the Business office to participate in the payment plan.
- Review your bills on your student space regularly! –charges and financial aid are subject to change at any time.
- Review your student email regularly. This is how the Business Office and Financial Aid communicate with you about your student account, aid, and refunds!
- All unpaid balances are subject to a 1.5% late payment fee each month. Bills will be emailed to student emails each month following the late fee assessment. Balances unpaid by end of semester are subject to collection procedures. Delinquent halts are put on unpaid balances. This will prevent student from seeing grades, registering for future semesters, getting transcripts or diplomas.
- If you charge books to your account using financial aid credit, make sure your charges appear on your account within a week!
- Make sure you complete a FERPA consent form if you want Rio to discuss your account with other people!!!!
- For third party organizations paying for student, an authorization for specified items (tuition and fees, books, housing, etc) must be submitted to the Business Office before the semester begins.
- Refunds- Mailed to permanent address on file with the University on Fridays (fall-spring). If you live in a dorm and have a post box on campus, your refund check will be put in campus mail. No pick-ups.
- Make sure permanent address updated with school whenever move. Refunds, bills, and 1098T tax forms are mailed to permanent address.
- Drops and withdraws —You will be charged drop fees per course starting first day of class. If you have federal financial aid, attend class, and then drop or withdraw, your financial aid may be pro-rated and returned back to the government. This means you may end up owing a large balance!! In order for you to safely drop or withdraw from courses after you have attended, please wait until you have earned 60%of your federal financial aid. The financial aid department can let you know when that date will be.
- If you are eligible for workstudy, this does not exclude you from receiving late fees on unpaid balances. The best plan to protect from late payment fees for this situation is to decide if its more beneficial to sign up for the student payment plan or not.
- Advanced room deposits will go towards your balance IF you actually attend and live in the dorm. The fee will not be refunded if you decide you do not want to attend after you have paid your deposit.
- If your bill or financial aid does not look right, please contact the Business office (740-245-7226) or Financial Aid (740-245-7218).
The Accounts Payable department processes payments for the University’s various bills. The Accounts Payable Staff creates Purchase Orders from requisitions by the faculty and staff on campus. They place the orders when necessary and process the payments when invoices are received. The Accounts Payable department also writes the student refund checks and the faculty and staff travel reimbursement checks.
This department also ensures the proper recording of any gifts and pledges that the University receives. The Accounts Payable staff can be reached as follows:
The Accounts Receivable department provides many services for students. The Accounts Receivable staff updates student accounts daily by applying charges, fines and financial aid. They also prepare and send bills to current and past-due students, and can answer any questions or concerns students may have about their accounts. They can also set students up on payment plans, and process payments from third party providers on a student’s behalf (including Sallie Mae and VA Benefits). In addition, on a weekly basis they run student accounts to find accounts with credit balances and process refund/overage checks for those balances. You can reach the Accounts Receivable Staff as follows:
The new One-Stop Shop in the Florence E Evans Hall has a representative from the Business Office, as well as representatives from the Records Office, Financial Aid Office, and the Admissions Office. Four important offices for students, all in one convenient location. It is in the One-Stop Shop that you can make payments to your bill, pick up your Financial Aid Overage Check, and get answers to questions about your account.
Request for Proposals
Procurement of Services
No requests as of April 18, 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions
To check your student e-mail
Go to http://www.rio.edu/emil/index.cfm – follow the link for RioNET student e-mail at Live@edu
Your user name for O365 mail is your full e-mail address:
S followed by your student ID number followed email@example.com.
To check your student account
Go to www.rio.edu
Click on the Student Space located at the top of the page (it is located next to the mail icon)
Your user name is: your student ID number. (Example: 300123456)
Contact Admission or Campus Networking for your password.
To check your student invoice on Student Space:
After you have signed on to Student Space on your Student Information page you will see
“Please change here to view information in other semesters: Please Choose”
If the semester you want to see is not listed, click Please Choose.
Click on Edit and set the Default Semester to the requested semester, and then click SAVE.
This will take you back to the Student Information Page.
Click on the “My Account” tab to see your account for the requested semester.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Business Office, Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm at 740-245-7226.
this is where we are
The Business Office is located in Florence Evans Hall
University of Rio Grande
Business Office F-26
PO Box 500
Rio Grande, Ohio 45674-0500
Accounts Receivable Phone: 740-245-7557
Accounts Payable Phone: 740-245-7229
Business hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Primary Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org