Communication is everywhere. Earn a degree that develops and enhances your creative skills.
The Professional Communications Program is dedicated to teaching relevant and marketable 21st century communication skills. In this interdisciplinary major, faculty mentors from the Communication, Art, and English programs work closely with students as they build valuable skills in creative, social, workplace, and global communications; collaborate successfully in design teams, and create communication plans in partnership with local businesses and agencies. At graduation with either a 2 or 4-year degree, Professional Communications majors will have professional communications portfolios including:
- website content writing and site design
- social media content creation
- print and electronic publication
- document design and production
- business and technical writing
- visual rhetoric and multimedia composition
- digital photography
- group, organizational, and strategic communication; and,
- other written, oral, visual, and 21st-century digital communication skills within a workplace context.