Hands-on experience degrees for highly sought after employment
The Industrial Automation and Maintenance program is a two-year technical program leading to an Associate of Technical Studies Degree in Industrial Automation and Maintenance.
Studies in Industrial Automation and Maintenance focus on the installation, repair, and maintenance of the electronic equipment used to control manufacturing and power generation processes. Programmable controllers, industrial controls, and robotic systems integration are emphasized. The solid foundation of coursework and hands-on training in the laboratories will allow the graduate technician to quickly become a productive and promotable employee.
- working knowledge of AC and DC circuits.
- be familiar with basic electrical test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, and meggers
- be familiar with electrical safety practices and arc flash hazard protection.
- be able to test common industrial electrical components using manufacturers' test procedures and basic electrical test equipment.
- be capable of troubleshooting common industrial control circuits.
- be capable of troubleshooting programmable logic control circuits.
- be familiar with closed loop feedback process control systems and related electrical components.
- begin preparation for the Certified Electronics Technician examination (CET).
- demonstrate the habit of practicing safety rules and regulations, including lock/out-tag/out, on a continuous basis.
- read and interpret control circuit ladder diagrams.