A meaningful understanding of mathematics, theory, and applications.
You will obtain a meaningful understanding of mathematics and an appreciation of its many applications. This includes being able to communicate knowledge of mathematics in an effective manner and to use mathematics in a variety of problem situations. You will also understand the connections between the various branches of mathematics and the relationships between mathematics and other disciplines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of mathematics as a universal language of logic and critical thinking.
- Demonstrate an understanding of abstract structures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of concepts, skills, and applications related to calculus.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts, skills, and applications related to probability and statistics.
- (for prospective teachers) Demonstrate knowledge of mathematical content sufficient to become an effective teacher of school mathematics.
- Math Teacher
- Purchasing Agent
- Financial Analyst