Problem Solving to a new level
The Computer Science program provides students with the necessary coursework to pursue a career in the computer industry in the areas of programming, networking, web development and software design. As a 2 + 2 program the Bachelors of Computer Science program is designed to provide a seamless pathway for students holding an AAS in IT Network Systems from Rio or a related Associate degree from an accredited school to a bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- Use critical thinking and logic skills to formulate and solve problems related to programming and software development.
- Write code in a variety of common programming languages such as Java, C, Python,
- Explain ethical behavior as it relates to programming and operating computers.
- Explain fundamental concepts relating to computer operating systems, software, hardware, and architecture.
- Analyze, design, and develop software projects and web applications. The student should be able to explain the different aspects of the software life cycle.
- Analyze, design, develop, and administer a database system.