The Health Care Administration would prepare students to enter management practice in a health care setting. The program prepares students for management positions in a wide variety of health care settings and facilities including, but not limited to, medical practices, hospitals, home-health organizations, health departments, and nursing homes.
- Demonstrate proficiency in business communication utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Identify and describe major differences between Health Education, Drug Education, and Community Health.
- Explain the legal concepts associated with business and Healthcare Administration and describe their impact on business decisions.
- Understand and develop an implementation plan, using project management methods and software.
The Bob Evans Farms Hall was built in 2001 and is the home of the Emerson E. Evans School of Business. A distinctive tower creates a central sky light in the center of the building, which houses two computer labs, faculty offices, a student lounge area, large and small meeting rooms, as well as classrooms.
The School of Health & Behavioral Sciences offers students who have completed an Associate's Degree in an Allied Health field to continue their education with the Bachelor of Technical Studies (BTS) - Applied Health Care Administration (2 + 2 Program). Students who have not completed an Allied Health Associate's Degree but are interested in the Health Care Administration field, have the opportunity to major in Business Management with a Minor in Health Care Administration. See the School of Business’ Business Management section for more information about this program.
The 2+2 program is designed to provide health care professionals with an associate degree from an accredited institution, an opportunity to complete a bachelor degree in Health Care Administration by completing 42 credit hours of specified courses and 18 general education credit hours (please refer to the listed degree requirements). The majority of the courses in the HCA BTS Program are offered online allowing convenient degree completion for the working professional.
The Applied Health Care Administration BTS degree is offered through the School of Health & Behavioral Sciences and consists of:
- A minimum of forty-eight (42) credit hours in core courses.
- A minimum of eighteen (18) hours of general education hours for completion of the required General Education Program.
- A minimum of thirty-three (33) credit hours at the 300/400 level.
- A maximum of 125 total credit hours necessary to graduate with a BTS degree in HCA (based on an associate degree with a minimum of 65 hours).
Additional Assessment Requirements for Business Majors
All business students must take the following pre and posttests prior to graduation.
- Associate Degree – Pre-Test First Semester & Post-Test prior to graduation.
- Baccalaureate Degree – Pre-Test First Semester and Post-Test prior to graduation PLUS the Major Field Test in Business or an assigned equivalent.
Bachelor of Technical Studies Applied Health Care Administration (2+2 Program) (50513)
|Associate Degree in related health care profession||65|
|General Education must include:|
|MTH 21404 (TM) Introductory Probability and Statistics||4|
|PSY 11103 (TM) General Psychology||3|
|PHR 21403 Medical Ethics||3|
|Total General Education hours||18|
|Business core required courses|
|ACC 11403 Principles of Accounting I||3|
|ACC 12403 Principles of Accounting II||3|
|BM 20403 Principles of Management||3|
|Total Business Core hours||9|
|Major Area required courses|
|BM 31403 Human Resource Management||3|
|BM 44503 Project Management||3|
|BM 46403 Operations Management||3|
|COM 33103 Health Communication||3|
|FIN 35403 Financial Administration of Health Care Facilities||3|
|HCA 31104 Fundamentals of Health Care||4|
|HCA 31204 Administration of Acute Care Facilities||4|
|HCA 31303 Population Health||3|
|HCA 41104 Concepts in Acute Care Facilities||4|
|HCA 41203 Health Care and the Aging Patients||3|
|Total Major Area hours||33|
|Total required hours for degree||125|