Alternative learning begins April 6th

Veterans/Reservists enrolling at University of Rio Grande / Rio Grande Community College and planning to apply for Veterans Administration educational benefits must submit a copy of his/her DD214 Form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from active duty, or DD2384, Notice of Basic Eligibility, and any kicker contracts to the Veterans Certifying Official located in Boyd Hall. All veterans/reservists are required to complete the necessary Veterans administration forms to obtain educational benefits and must complete an Intent of Enrollment at the beginning of each semester. Veterans must be enrolled in a degree program in order to receive benefits. Students who have a parent or spouse who is 100% disabled, deceased, or a P.O.W. from a service- connected incident may also be eligible for educational benefits.

To check eligibility and obtain related information, students may contact the Veterans Affairs Regional Office by calling the toll-free number (1-888-442-4551) or search the GI Bill web site.

The Rio Grande Veterans Center is located in the basement of Boyd Hall and can be contacted at 740-245-7357.