Find a degree or certificate to help fill in-demand jobs.
The two-year Applied Technical Study Welding Technology program is designed to develop welding personnel skilled in metal product layout and design, properties of materials, welding code compliance and testing procedures, and fabrication and joining processes. The two-year course of study is organized to allow the student to develop the required skills necessary to successfully pass the mandatory pre-graduation welding performance certification test. The industrial coursework, along with a solid foundation in mathematics, science, and communications will greatly enhance the student’s understanding and employability in today’s highly diverse workplace environment.
- Demonstrate his or her ability to work within the safety guidelines of a welding/fabrication shop
- Perform the proper equipment inspections to assure safety guideline compliance
- Layout and prepare for cutting various parts, assemblies, and or, coupons to be welded
- Correctly setup, operate, shutdown, and disassemble an oxy/fuel gas torch system
- Correctly clean and prepare surfaces to be welded
- Correctly fit up and maintain alignment of the assemblies or coupons to be welded
- Properly adjust the welding process power sources in preparation for tacking and welding the assemblies or coupons to be welded
- Weld the assemblies or coupons to meet the applicable code requirements
- Perform the inspection processes to assure the welded assemblies or coupons meet the requirements of the applicable code