Hybrid LPN-RN Advanced Placement Track
1. Is your program accredited?
The program is accredited by the National League for Nursing.
2. What type of degree will I receive?
Associate of Applied Science in Nursing degree.
3. What is the process for acceptance?
A student must fill out the on-line application (found under
Admissions). When asked your major field of interest, please click on
on-line LPN. The student must also have original transcripts sent from
their high school, LPN program, and any University/College they
may have attended sent to the Admissions Office. Once all
information has been verified and the requirements met, the
Admissions Office will send information regarding the HESI entrance
4. What are the requirements for admission?
1. Graduation from an accredited LPN program.
2. A grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher.
3. Pharmacolgy content incorporated into the LPN program.
4. CPR certification.
5. Completion of the HESI entrance exam for the hybrid program.
5. What is the length of the Program?
The program is a two year (part-time program) - (6 semesters).
6. Is all work completed on-line?
No, all coursework can be viewed on-line, but exams will be proctored
at a various approved sites. Clinicals will scheduled during the last
five semesters of the program. Clinicals will be in a 60 mile radius of
the University of Rio Grande.