The computer is a tool that can increase the efficiency and productivity of individuals in many fields of endeavor. The Computer Science curriculum is designed to provide students with the necessary coursework to complete either a Major or a Minor in Computer Science (Bachelor of Science). Students are prepared to pursue a career in the computer industry in the areas of programming, networking, web development, software design, etc. Students are also prepared to pursue graduate education in Computer Science.
- Student is able to: Use critical thinking and logic skills to formulate and solve problems related to programming and software development.
- Student is able to: Write code in a variety of common programming languages such as Java, C, Python, etc.
- Student is able to: Explain ethical behavior as it relates to programming and operating computers.
- Student is able to: Explain fundamental concepts relating to computer operating systems, software, hardware, architecture, communication, and networking.
- Student is able to: Analyze, design, develop, and implement a database project, and be able to manage and administer database management systems.