Faculty & Staff Guide
All faculty & staff at the time of hiring will be provisioned a RioNET user account that provides authentication and access to networked resources including:
- Computer Log-in Access
- Network Access (network file shares & RioSecure wireless)
- Office 365 E-Mail (Outlook, web and mobile)
- Blackboard Learning
- Inside.rio.edu (Microsoft Office SharePoint Server)
After the hiring process is completed, Human Resources notifies Campus Computing and Networking to create the account and who shall be notified with the new account information. Typically, this is a supervisor or departmental teammate who assists the new user with their first time account usage. Using a RioNET account for first time use should include Password Registration and Password Reset...
To begin using the above resources, each user must activate his or her account by changing the default password to a new strong & secure password. CC&N staff may assist faculty & staff in person with password changes. Or the user can change passwords on first use of a RioNET computer, or by following an online activation process. This online method is quick and may be done via the Internet using a web browser. Please follow the following steps.
Know your RioNET Account
- All Rio Grande students, faculty & staff are provided a RioNET account which provides login and authentication services for networked services including campus computers, wireless, email, and Blackboard. Staff will be notified of their network user accounts once they begin their employment.
- RioNET staff usernames are typically first initial and last name, or similar (jdoe).
- RioNET email address is their RioNET account followed by @rio.edu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Default passwords are issued to each RioNET user and are fully functional.
Registration for the Password Reset Portal and changing your default password is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Step 1 - Register for Self-Service Password Resets
Before using your RioNET account, it is highly advised to register for the self-service password reset portal.
- Browse to http://www.rio.edu/email - Click on the Password Registration (blue) icon.
- Use your RioNET account as your username (Ex. jdoe or URG\jdoe)
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete registration
Step 2 - Change your RioNET Password
Once registered for self-service password resets, you can navigate to the Password Reset Portal and change your RioNET password at any time, even if you've forgotten the old password.
- Browse to http://www.rio.edu - Click on the Password Reset (Red) icon.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to change passwords
Step 3 - Login to RioNET Email
RioNET email is hosted by Microsoft's Office 365 online Exchange environment, and uses federated authentication for usernames and passwords. You can login to your student email from anywhere as long as you have an unrestricted Internet connection.
- Browse to www.rio.edu/email - Click RioNET Email (tan) icon. Please read the NOTE:.
Login using your student or faculty/staff email address
- If using a campus computer you are logged into, you shouldn't be prompted for a password
- If logging in from a personal computer, ensure your email address is correct, and enter your RioNET password