Bob Evans Farms Hall
740.245.7373 office; 740.245.7110 fax
Members of the Rio Grande chapter of the American Marketing Association
The Emerson E. Evans School of business is a student-centered, business school dedicated to opening learning opportunities for students in leadership, collaboration, and business management. To successfully meet the challenges of the global market place, students develop partnerships with business owners and leaders to explore business operations and opportunities.
• Demonstrate core business proficiencies in the areas of accounting, economics, management, finance, marketing, international business, and information technology.
• Identify marketing characteristics by researching and analyzing the external environment, while developing product, price, distribution, and promotional strategies to best meet customers’ needs.
• Explain the role of marketing within the organizational framework, through the preparation of marketing plans and research reports
• Demonstrate the use of the marketing mix (product, price, place, and promotion) to satisfy customers’ needs.
• Explain the impact of globalization on the field of marketing.
• Discuss the processes and influences involved in consumer behavior.
• Demonstrate ethical standards, practices, and theories as they relate to the field of marketing.
The Bob Evans Farms Hall was built in 2001 and is the home of the Emerson E. Evans School of Business. A distinctive tower creates a central sky light in the center of the building which houses three computer labs, faculty offices, a student lounge area, large and small meeting rooms, as well as class rooms.
The Emerson E. Evans School of Business is accredited through the International Assembly of Colleges in Business Education (IACBE).
Additional Assessment Requirements for Business Majors:
All business students must take the following pre and post tests prior to graduation.
• Associate Degree – Pre-Test First Semester & Post-Test prior to graduation.
• Baccalaureate Degree – Pre-Test First Semester and Post-Test prior to graduation PLUS the Major Field Test in Business or an assigned equivalent.