When you register for classes, please check your student space account within 48 hours to assure accuracy. All account balances are due the week prior to the start of the semester. For any unpaid balance there is a late fee assessed each month. It is your responsibility to check your account. If there are any questions or concerns please contact the Business Office. Our hours of operation are Mon- Thurs 8 am -5:30 pm until Aug 12th. On August 12th we will be back to Mon-Fri, 8 am-5pm.
You will need to check your student space account weekly for any updates or changes. Do not wait on a paper bill to pay your account. If you cannot pay in full we have a payment plan available for the current semester. Any unpaid balances at the end of each semester will be subject to collections.
Over the past few weeks we have had many inquiries regarding refunds and when they will be available. Hopefully this will answer those questions;
- In order for you to be eligible for a refund check, your financial aid must be on your account.
- Your Financial Aid must be for a greater amount than the charges being applied to your bill. This, in return will create a credit to your account and, this credit will be refunded back to you in the form of a check.
- It would be a good idea to check your student space account on the school website (www.rio.edu). Here, you can check your account to verify all of your classes and books have been added to your account correctly. If you feel you may have been wrongfully charged, you may call the Business Office (740-245-7231) to assist you in reviewing your account. This will be a great opportunity to check your Financial Aid as well! If you feel your financial Aid is not correct, or not on your account, I urge you to contact your Financial Aid representative to review your account (740-245-7218).
- Starting this semester, Spring 2013, checks will not be handed out on campus Refund checks will be mailed to your current home address on February 13, 2013.
If you are borrowing for the first time using a government loan, your refund will be sent the following week.
*In order for you to receive your refund check in a timely manner please review the following*
- You will need to check your address in student space to verify it is correct. If it is not correct, please contact the Records Office (740 245-7369) before Thursday, January 31, 2013 so we have your current home address.
- Residential students with campus mail boxes will have their checks sent to their campus box instead of their home address. If resident students do not have a campus box, they should set one up before January 31 in order to have the refund sent there, otherwise the check will be sent to their home address.
*Once you receive your refund check*
If you feel the amount of your refund is incorrect, please visit the One Stop Center, located in Florence Evans Hall and have a representative from the Business Office review your account.
Important Notice! Any student bills not paid in full by the first day of class will be assessed a late fee of 1.5%. You may make payments in person in the business office, through the mail by check, over the phone by credit card, or online through student space. You can also avoid this fee by signing up for our monthly installment payment plan. Forms can be obtained under the resources tab to the right. First day of class is August 26, 2013.
The Business Office is committed to providing timely and consistent accounting services to Rio Grande students, faculty and staff.
The University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College would like to inform you of our new student invoice policy. Beginning with the Spring Semester 2013 we will no longer be mailing student invoice bills. All University and Community College students will receive their invoice in their Rio e-mail account. Students can also access their student account online through student space.
To check your student e-mail
Go to https://mail.rio.edu – follow the link for RioNET student e-mail at Live@edu
Your user name for Live@edu mail is your full e-mail address:
S followed by your student ID number followed firstname.lastname@example.org.
To check your student account:
Go to www.rio.edu
Click on the Student Space located at the top of the page (it is located next to the mail icon)
Your user name is: your student ID number. (Example: 300123456)
Your password is: the last four digits of your SSN. (Example: xxx-xx-1234)
To check your student invoice on Student Space:
After you have signed on to Student Space on your Student Information page you will see
“Please change here to view information in other semesters: Please Choose”
If the semester you want to see is not listed, click Please Choose.
Click on Edit and set the Default Semester to the requested semester, and then click SAVE.
This will take you back to the Student Information Page.
Click on the “My Account” tab to see your account for the requested semester.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Business Office, Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm at 740-245-7232.