Academic Quality Improvement Program
Rio's Strategy Forum Team along with HLC Staff at the 2012 HLC Strategy Forum in St. Charles, IL
Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) is the process through which the University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College maintains its accredited status with The Higher Learning Commission. It allows Rio Grande to demonstrate how it meets The Higher Learning Commission’s Criteria for Accreditation and other expectations through processes that align with the ongoing activities that characterize Rio’s effort to improve its performance.
The goal of this site is to provide a continuously updated view of Rio Grande’s journey toward improving the way it operates.
Participation in AQIP involves the following activities and documentation:
- Action Projects: This one-year cycle drives continuous improvement by the institution to tackle three or four Action Projects that it has chosen, committed to completing in a few months or years, and published in AQIP’s on-line Action Project Directory.
- Action Project Progress Reports: Each fall, Rio Grande provides Action Project Updates to AQIP on the progress of current projects, and AQIP provides written feedback on these reports.
- Systems Portfolio: This four-year cycle drives improvement by having every AQIP organization create and maintain an up-to-date Systems Portfolio describing key systems and processes the organization uses to achieve its goals and the performance results it obtains from them.
- Systems Appraisal: A System Appraisal of the Systems Portfolio provides institutions with written, actionable feedback they can use to create strategies and actions that will move them quickly toward achievement of their goals.
- Quality Check-up: A Quality Checkup visit to the institution a year or two before its Reaffirmation of Accreditation review confirms the improvements it is making as well as the accuracy of the evidence it has provided to AQIP while providing helpful feedback and consultation on specific issues of its choosing.
Dr. David Lawrence
Bob Evans Farms Hall 221