OT Graduates Employment Success
Office Technology graduates have used the Office Technology degree as a stepping stone towards attaining an advanced degree or for advancement within the companies which they are employed.
- The administrative assistant for the Attorney General of the State of Ohio graduated from the office technology program.
- Another office technology graduate works as the assistant to the Athens tax assessor.
- A law firm in Athens hired an office technology graduate, and this firm even paid for the graduate to return to school to obtain a paralegal degree.
- One OT graduate returned to school, completed her Bachelor's Degree and worked in labor relations at the Gallipolis Developmental Center for several years.
- Several office technology graduates are working at the Holzer Medical Center, Holzer Clinic, O'bleness Memorial Hospital, and Adena Regional Medical Center.
- Another OT graduate worked for several years, came back to Rio and received her Bachelor's Degree in Business Education, and is currently teaching business education courses at Jackson High School in Jackson, Ohio.
- The librarian at Jackson High School is an OT graduate who continued with her education by receiving her Bachelor's Degree in Business Education. This graduate also taught a couple of years in the Portsmouth school system.
- One of the office technology graduates, while working at the Ohio Valley Electric Corporation/Indiana-Kentucky Electric Corporation in Piketon, attended school and graduated with a degree in accounting. This graduate is currently working at the electric company as an accountant.
- Another graduate of the office technology program is working for a doctor and receiving on-the-job training to become a medical assistant in the doctor's office.
- After graduation, and while employed with Holzer Clinic, the first-floor manager at the Holzer Clinic in Jackson returned to school and graduated with a Bachelor's degree in business. This graduate has recently received their Master's Degree in Business Administration from Rio.
- Rio's Office Technology has also had several graduates who are now working in offices on Rio Grande's main campus, one of which works as a secretary to the School of Allied Health.