College Credit Plus 2017-18
Ohio’s College Credit Plus (CCP) can help you earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking college courses the University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College. The purpose of this program is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and to provide a wide variety of options to college-ready students. Taking a college course from the University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College is free. That means no cost for tuition, books or fees
Process to Participate Runs From February 15 through April 1
- Discuss with your guidance counselor your interest in taking college courses and how it fits in with your overall academic plan and career goals.
- Submit a CCP application, an official high school transcript, and ACT scores (if applicable) to:
Office of Admissions
University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College
PO Box 500, Rio Grande, OH 45674
- By April 1, notify your school counselor if you intend to participate in College Credit Plus next year. After April 1, you will need permission from the school principal to participate.
To ensure college readiness, CCP students are required to take a placement test. Students who submit their ACT scores and receive the following sub-scores on their ACT exam are exempt from taking the placement test:
- Math - 22 or higher
- Reading - 22 or higher
- English - 18 or higher
After we have received all the required information, the student will receive a letter indicating the date and time of testing. The placement test consists of two parts:
- Math – Accuplacer, a computer-based math test
- Writing – an essay reviewed by faculty in the English Department
Each student taking the test will receive a second letter advising on next steps.
For additional information, or to receive a CCP application, please contact:
Taylor Noel – College Credit Plus Admissions Coordinator