Welcome to the University of Rio Grande’s International Programs homepage! Our Coordinator of International Programs and Services, Abby Conder, is here to provide support and information for both prospective international students and current students. Abby will be working closely with all international students to assist in making cultural and academic transitions as smooth as possible. Please feel free to contact her with any questions you may have about our program. You will find her contact information below.
During your time of study with us, we will make every effort to make your experience at Rio Grande an enriching one by helping you accumulate knowledge from our vast academic programs, awareness of local and national cultures, and friendships that will last a lifetime. Here at Rio Grande we offer high-quality and high-value education to all students, foreign and domestic. We look forward to reviewing your application materials and having you attend our beautiful campus.
Abby V. Conder
Coordinator, International Programs and Services
Office: Madog Center, 2nd Floor
Postal Address: University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College | PO Box 500, Rio Grande, OH 45674
The University of Rio Grande has a rich tradition of educating international students. To apply for admission international students must:
- Complete an application: online application, download (pdf)
- Official high school transcript or Graduation Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Official college transcripts (if applicable).
- Submit a certification of finances.
International Student Resources:
- The International Student Handbook: What You Need To Know
- F-1 Student Employment
- Application for Social Security card
This Office Also Helps With:
- Financial Aid information for foreign students and ethnic minorities
- Budgeting and banking
- Certification for foreign currency exchange
- Academic and cultural adjustment
- Emergency situations
- Married students and dependent concerns
- Roommate concerns
- Liaison with career and counseling services
Immigration Regulations & Federal Laws
- Extension of stay
- Leaving and reentering the U.S.
- Maintaining or changing visa status
- State and federal income tax laws and tax treaties
- Visa information
- On-campus and off-campus employment and practical training at pre- and post-completion stages of study
- Social Security Card application