How to Apply

The University of Rio Grande Office of Admissions evaluates all applications for admissions for first year undergraduate, transfer, and graduate and professional studies students.

Submitting Your Undergraduate Application

The first step toward your future starts with the submission of your application to attend the University of Rio Grande / Rio Grande Community College. Students wishing to receive consideration are required to submit:

  • A completed application: online application, download (pdf), or request a paper copy
  • Official high school transcript or GED
  • Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
  • Official results from the American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) is optional for admission

Applying for Admission to RN & LPN-RN Programs

Applications now being accepted for 2016 programs

Traditional RN (Associate Degree Nursing)

  • Students interested in this program can apply online for Traditional RN or contact the Office of Admissions. Application deadline: Monday, January 11, 2016.

LPN-RN Advanced Placement Track (On-Campus and Online)

  • LPNs interested in either the On-Campus or Online LPN-to-RN Advanced Placement Track program must submit the supplemental application to be considered for admission. You may apply online for the Summer 2016 On-Campus or Fall 2016 Online program. No application deadline - applications accepted until all seats for entrance exam have been filled.

For questions or assistance, please contact Jay Godeaux, Office of Admissions, at 740-245-7208, or

Do not submit more than one nursing program application per academic year (though you may apply for both LPN-RN On-Campus and Online). If information needs to be updated or you wish to inquire about your status, please contact

Submitting Your Graduate Application

Master of Education

  • A completed application for admission: online application, download (pdf), or request a paper copy.
  • An official transcript of credit to be mailed directly to the Graduate Office (Office of Admissions) from an accredited undergraduate college or university of attendance showing completion of Bachelor's Degree (waived if you are a graduate of the Bunce School of Education at the University of Rio Grande).
  • A copy of a valid teaching certificate or license from a state with a reciprocity agreement with Ohio.
  • Three professional recommendations.
  • For questions or assistance, please contact Jay Godeaux, Office of Admissions, at 740-245-7208, or

International Students

The University of Rio Grande has a rich tradition of educating international students. In addition to the general requirements listed above, international students must also:

  • Submit a certification of finances
  • Schedule a TOEFL examination.
  • For questions or assistance, please contact Abby Conder at 740-245-7115 or  You can also contact her by Skype at