The University of Rio Grande/Rio Grande Community College has been accredited by the North Central Association's Higher Learning Commission since 1969.
The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) approves the Higher Learning Commission as an organization of accreditation.
Rio Grande maintains its HLC Accreditation through the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP).
The Ohio Department of Higher Education approves all of Rio Grande's programs and authorizes it to offer Associate, Bachelors and Masters degrees.
Individual programs are accredited/approved by the following:
- International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Road, Lenexa, KS 66215, (913) 631-3009. View additional information on the School of Business Accreditation page.
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Rd NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000.
- Ohio Board of Nursing, 17 South High Street, Suite 400, Columbus, OH 43215-7410, (614) 466-3947.
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), 1701 Duke Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703) 683-8080.
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 1361 Park Street Clearwater, FL 33756, (727) 210-2350.
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), 2010 Massachusetts Ave NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 223-0077.
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT), 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182, (312) 704-5300.
- Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CARC), 1248 Harwood Road, Bedford, TX 76021-4244, (817) 283-2835.
The University of Rio Grande is a member of the Association of Independent Colleges & Universities of Ohio and The Council of Independent Colleges. Rio Grande Community College is a member of the Ohio Association of Community Colleges.